Fri, 10 Mar|
RCR Undergraduate Oncology Society of the Year
This award is intended to reward undergraduate oncology societies that have been active during the preceding year.
Time & Location
10 Mar 2023, 17:00
About the event
Every year the RCR offers a number of bursaries, prizes and awards to undergraduate medical students and societies, as well as trainees and consultants involved in undergraduate education. This award is intended to reward undergraduate oncology societies that have been active during the preceding year. The scoring process for applications will place particular value on societies that have a plan for sustainability and those that have been innovative in their activities.
Funding: £200 to be used to fund a society event.
Eligibility: Open to any undergraduate oncology society at any UK medical school. The lead applicant should usually be the medical student lead/co-lead for the society.
How to apply: Applications should be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org by 17:00 pm on Friday 10 March 2023 and must include all of the following:
- Name of society
- Named applicant (normally the lead for the society) full name, address, and medical school affiliation
- A letter of support from a member or Fellow of the RCR (trainee or consultant)
- A detailed description of the societies activities covering the following areas:
- Background and aims of the society (how and why was it established) (max. 200 words)
- A detailed description of the activity of the society over the past year to include details of events etc. run by the society (max. 500 words)
- An outline of the sustainability plan for the society (to include membership numbers and plans to maintain/increase membership) (max. 200 words)
- A summary of the societies future plans (max. 200 words)
How applications will be assessed:
Applications will be assessed and awarded by the RCR's clinical oncology undergraduate committee. The following criteria will be considered:
- Level and breadth of activity
- Innovation and excellence
- Future plans and evidence of sustainability.
The successful society will be invited to present or record a talk about their activities, at/for the appropriate RCR meeting.
Enquiries should be directed to email@example.com
Presentation from our 2021 winners Members of Barts Oncology Society discuss their activities and projects as winners of the RCR Oncology Society of the Year 2021 Award. Watch here.