Fri, 10 Mar|
RCR Clinical Oncology Undergraduate Research Prize
The clinical oncology undergraduate research prize is awarded for professional research on a clinical oncology topic.
Time & Location
10 Mar 2023, 17:00
About the event
Every year the RCR offers a number of bursaries, prizes and awards to undergraduate medical students and societies, as well as trainees and consultants involved in undergraduate education.
The clinical oncology undergraduate research prize, formerly known as the Edinburgh EAR Congress research prize, is awarded for professional research on a clinical oncology topic. Priority will be given to research with a radiotherapy focus. The successful applicant will be invited to present a talk about their work at the appropriate RCR meeting.
Eligibility: UK medical students only.
How to apply
Applications should be submitted by email to email@example.com no later than 17:00 pm Friday 10 March 2023. The Royal College of Radiologists' clinical oncology undergraduate committee will consider applications and decide on the winning research paper. Their decision is final and binding. Applicants will be informed of the outcome of their application as soon as possible after the decision.
Applications should include:
- An indication of which prize the application is for.
- The student's full name, permanent address, and medical school.
- The research paper, which should not exceed 4000 words (including references and tables). Please note that only the first 4000 words will be assessed.
- A supporting statement from a Fellow of the Royal College of Radiologists, or Medical school/project lead, who is aware of the student's work, confirming the research, is the original work of the applicant.
Applicants that are also applying for the clinical oncology undergraduate essay prize should submit a different title/paper.
- Background information/research
- Relevance of research
- Originality of research
- Study design
- Data collection and handling
- Structure and quality of the report
- Quality of data presentation.
The successful applicant will be invited to present a talk about their research at the appropriate RCR meeting. See a list of previous prize winners.
Enquiries should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org