Fri, 10 Mar|
RCR Clinical Oncology Elective Bursaries
The Royal College of Radiologists annually funds five undergraduate elective bursaries of £300 each.
Time & Location
10 Mar 2023, 17:00
About the event
Every year the RCR offers a number of bursaries, prizes and awards to undergraduate medical students and societies, as well as trainees and consultants involved in undergraduate education.
The Royal College of Radiologists annually funds five undergraduate elective bursaries of £300 each. The bursaries are intended to support medical students wishing to undertake an elective period of study in clinical oncology in the UK or abroad (to be completed before the end of 2023). Priority will be given to electives with a focus on radiotherapy. Applications are invited from UK clinical undergraduate medical students. Successful applicants will be required to submit a report to the RCR, three months after the end of their elective. Reports from previous recipients are available.
Funding: Up to £300 each
Eligibility: UK medical students only
How to apply
Applications should be submitted by email to email@example.com by 17:00 pm Friday 10 March 2023. Applications must include all the following:
- The student's full name, permanent address, and medical school
- A brief curriculum vitae
- A detailed breakdown of the intended project and what the funding will be used for
- A letter of support from a consultant clinical oncologist associated with the student’s medical school, with whom the project has been discussed.
How applications will be assessed
Applications will be assessed by the clinical oncology undergraduate committee. The decision of the committee is final and binding and applicants will be informed of the outcome of their application as soon as possible after the closing date. Recipients will be invited to receive their bursary at the 2022 virtual undergraduate oncology day and may be invited to present/record a talk about their elective.
Criteria to be assessed
- Level and breadth of activity
- Innovation and excellence
- Future plans and evidence of sustainability.
One successful applicant will be invited to present their work at the appropriate RCR meeting.
- There are no reports from winners of the 2020/21 elective bursaries
- Winners of the elective bursaries will be awarded at the discretion of the undergraduate oncology committee.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions about our undergraduate elective bursaries.
Presentation from our 2021 recipient
Leah Heredia, a fourth-year medical student at the University of Birmingham and recipient of the 2021 Undergraduate Elective Bursary, talks about her elective project and the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic. Watch here.